I am at home today….
I am down with a worse stomach ache…..
and I am tiered of lying on the bed…. which is making me more fatigued…
I am craving for a cake….. a cake… yummmm…
I dint want a normal choco cake or a sponge cake… I wanted something different..
I raided my fridge… and saw cover lying in a corner of my veg basket…
a carrot cake it would be…
1 Cup Flour
1tsp baking powder
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Praline ( Recipe below )
3-4 tsp of milk ( Optional )
1. beat oil, sugar and eggs togather till they are pale.
2. seive the baking powder and flour.
3. Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and beat well
4. fold in the carrot and praline you can also add any nuts of your choice.
5. if the batter looks very thick, add some milk and mix..
PH oven to 180 degrees C
Bake for about 50 minutes/ till a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
serve this with some icecream…. yummmm
I served it with Baskin Robbin’s very berry strawberry Ice-cream….
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp butter
add sugar in a pan and wait till it turns a little brown.
add the butter and then the nuts.
stir for about 10-20 seconds and puor it on a baking sheet.
Let cool and crush to a coarse powder.