Facebook and twitter has opened several new avenues for communication. I got to meet many wonderful people over these social networking sites. These people range from amazing bakers to cooks to photographers to wonderful human beings!
I got to meet Hema Mahesh from the second to none group.. she makes wonderful jams! All natural fruits and no preservatives. Once I got to taste her jams, there was no turning back.. all breakfasts, snacks and even midnight cravings are being satiated by that jam!
spicy zingy and lip-smacking ! Inspired by her jams, I tried my hand at the jam making.. figs and oranges are the fruits I had on hand.. so this is what I made!
- Fresh figs – 8 ((washed, dried and chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Large orange – peeled ,sectioned, deseeded and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup sugar ( add more if you want a sweeter jam )
- Juice of one medium lemon
- 3 cloves
- 10 black pepper corns ( crushed )
- 2 dry red chilies broken
Mix all the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl, cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
Microwave on high for 12 minutes. Keep stirring the mixture after every 3 minutes.
Remove from microwave, let cool and store in an airtight container in a refrigerator.